Perhaps it's time to think about enhancements to the NANOG list...?

David Siegel arizonagull at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 01:34:40 UTC 2021

...not to mention that all mature networks are moving more towards GUI
front ends for their automated network.  As the complexity of a network
increases, CLI access becomes considerably more risky.

The idea that "real engineers use the CLI" is dinosaur thinking that will
eventually land those with that philosophy out of a job.  Just my personal
$.02 (though I'm certainly not alone in my opinion).

But I'd like to reiterate that the board's goal with modernization is not
to alienate anyone from the existing community by forcing them into a
web-interface.  Discourse is under evaluation, and if it doesn't accomplish
the goal we'll try something else or build our own tool.

Dave