Perhaps it's time to think about enhancements to the NANOG list...?

David Siegel arizonagull at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 18:46:57 UTC 2021

The board has been thinking about enhancements to the NANOG list for a
couple of years now, with the goal of creating a modern interface that the
younger generation of engineers will be more comfortable using.

Those of you that have attended recent NANOG members meetings may recall
that we are currently beta testing a new community interface called
discourse as part of our NANOG modernization strategic initiative.  If it
proves out as the new interface, it will support multiple web-based forums,
and each forum will feature a fully integrated two-way email interface.
Once in full production, the existing general mailing list will be moved to
the platform, and additional topics/mailing-lists will be created.

If you prefer to join a specific forum but continue to use email as you
always have, that will be an option and there will be many new
topic-specific mailing lists.  Those that wish to use a more modern looking
web-based interface for discussion can use that, or anyone can use a hybrid
of the two methods in the same forum (email or web-based).

The beta is currently only open to board members, but we expect it to be
opened for further beta testing and feedback later this year within the
existing community.

Dave Siegel
NANOG board Vice-Chair