SFI/SBI/Transit - Dumping

Douglas Fischer fischerdouglas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 10:30:43 UTC 2021

There is no specific story on the focus.
My objective is to go a bit beyond the technical aspects of Peering, or
De-peering.

At the first moment, I don't mention some cases that I have in mind,
exactly to avoid the polemic and focus on the aspects around the cases.

I will give a hypothetic example, with no real names:

---
The "SteveAndEdNet", a CDN Company, decides to extend its branchs until
"Kingdom of Far Far Away", and creates a POP there.
Installs itself on "DorisInnDatacenter", connects with some IXPs over
there, connects some PNIs with some nobles.
But, after some time, "SteveAndEdNet" make a deal with "RumpelstiltkinNet"
a Transit provider that operates there.

On that deal "RumpelstiltkinNet" ensure to supply the traffic demanded to
"SteveAndEdNet" POP to be considered technical justifiable...
But it also demands, that "SteveAndEdNet" drain all the traffic to IXPs and
PNIs...
With that, "RumpelstiltkinNet" can be the only one reseller of the content
delivered by "SteveAndEdNet".
---
This is a foggy example that I'm trying to understand better by the point
of view of Economics Dumping.

And then??
Can this be considered an anti-competitive act?

If anyone feels more comfortable reaching me privately, no issues with that.

--
Douglas Fernando Fischer
Engº de Controle e Automação