DOD prefixes and AS8003 / GRSCORP

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Mar 15 21:19:10 UTC 2021

On 15 Mar 2021, at 4:17 PM, Mel Beckman <mel at beckman.org> wrote:

> Like any other announcement, except DOD and what looks suspiciously like a shell corporation. Either the DOD doesn’t know about it (and I’ve called DISA and opened a ticket), which is scary, or the DOD is creating a private shell corporation to move all it’s IP space out of government purview, which sounds even more scary.

Mr. Beckman -

The number resources remain assigned to the DoD – please note that the routing of an IP address block does not make for the transfer of the resources, but rather is the normal activity that ISPs often provide to their customers.   Questions about routing of an address block should be referred to the registrant organization in the ARIN database (which you indicate that you have already done), and they can elucidate to you as they determine most appropriate.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO