OVH datacenter SBG2 in Strasbourg on fire ????

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Fri Mar 12 14:46:51 UTC 2021

After sending them abuse reports for years with only an increase in malicious traffic, I have no expectation of anything they do getting better or being for the benefit of the internet as a whole.  Only reason this is probably getting any attention from them is in hopes they don’t irreparably damage their IPO; they seem to have no issues with their customers' compromised servers damaging the businesses of others on a continuous basis.

On 3/12/21, 7:25 AM, "NANOG on behalf of Daniel Karrenberg" < > wrote:

    On 11 Mar 2021, at 21:43, Randy Bush wrote:

    > ...  but in a week or two
    > i hope he can tell us results of more analysis. …

    Actually just *the way* in which OVH communicates about this gives hope
    that we will indeed hear a useful analysis. It may be fortunate that
    this happened before they went public and thus corporate communications
    were ‘professionalised’ and vetted by the legal department. And yes
    he looked tired! Still did it in two languages. Good man.

    Daniel