How to Fix IP GEO for google/youtube tv

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Mar 11 21:00:23 UTC 2021

On 3/11/21 1:05 PM, Josh Luthman wrote:
> His email: Mar 8, 2021, 10:08 AM (3 days ago)
> The current date and time: 3:03 PM Thursday, March 11, 2021 (EST)

The process takes multiple weeks.

> You do the math.

My email with recommendations: 10:23 AM Thursday, March 11, 2021 (MST)
The current date and time:     13:47    Thursday, March 11, 2021 (MST)

Again, the process takes multiple weeks.

You do the math again.

> Well since I don't get any spam in my mailbox, I'd say it is fixed.

Good for you.

I suspect that there are *MANY* who would disagree with you.

> Not sure this thread is going anywhere besides downhill so unless
> there's anything productive to contribute on the topic at hand,
> resolving Google's geoip, I'm out.

As previously stated:

  - Contact GGC operations
  - Contact Google NOC

Both teams can escalate the issue to the GeoIP team to fix the problem.

Let me try spelling it out this way.

I have worked on the GGC operations team and we always take any GeoIP
issues very seriously and we /want/ /to/ /fix/ them.

So, does 1st hand knowledge from someone who has fixed multiple GeoIP
issues count for anything in regards to your opinion?

I can tell you for a fact that colleagues /do/ /care/ and /do/ /want/
/to/ /fix/ /things/.  So, if you have a GGC node, contact the GGC
operations team with GeoIP issues.  They will do what they can to fix
the problem.  It does usually take multiple weeks to get something
fixed.  But I have seen multiple corrections completed through the
process that starts with the GGC operations team.

I can say, 1st hand, as someone that has processed multiple GeoIP
corrections, that Google employees /do/ /wanna/ /improve/ GeoIP
information.  I can also say that the vast majority of Google employees
do want to improve anything and everything they can.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die