How to Fix IP GEO for google/youtube tv

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Mar 11 20:45:41 UTC 2021

On 3/11/21 12:57 PM, Josh Luthman wrote:
> The lack of response to the problem from Google's team is the
> knowledge that we're working with.

It may be the knowledge that /you/ are working with.  /I/ am working
with different knowledge.

As stated in another reply, "I know / have witnessed multiple Google
employees that have submitted and followed up on multiple GeoIP
corrections."  So /I'm/ working with /1st/ /hand/ knowledge that Google
employees /do/ /wanna/ /improve/.

> What more do you need to know?

For starters, any dissenting opinions or knowledge would be good to
know.  Seeing as I have both 1st hand knowledge and dissenting opinions....

> If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and looks like a duck,
> it's probably a duck.

If it sounds like a herd of stampeding horses, moves like a herd of
stampeding horses, and looks like a herd of stampeding horses, it's
probably a herd of stampeding horses /except/ when it's a herd of
stampeding zebras.

> You don't need a DNA test.

Hopefully you don't /need/ a DNA test to identify the difference between
a horse and a zebra.  But hopefully you realize that your initial
assumption that it was a heard of stampeding horses was wrong, and
likely biased towards horses / away from zebras.

> You're entitled to your opinion just as the rest of us are entitled to
> ours.  It doesn't make it wrong.

Opinions are only facts (in and of themselves) to the person that holds
them.  {Your,my} opinion is fact to {you,me} but just {your,my} opinion
to everyone else.

Also, opinions often to take everything into account.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die