OVH datacenter SBG2 in Strasbourg on fire 🔥

Daniel Karrenberg dfk at ripe.net
Thu Mar 11 14:13:00 UTC 2021

On 11 Mar 2021, at 11:46, Daniel Karrenberg wrote:

> … Further I conjecture that a halon system would not be feasible in
> such a structure. …

Several of you have pointed out to me at varying level of politeness
that ‘halon’ is no longer used. Sometimes I cannot hep but reveal my
age … ;-)

I meant to say ‘Further I conjecture that the building could not have
had a fire suppression system that requires reasonably airtight
spaces.’. The between-the-lines there being that it may have been the
very design of the building that lead to the rapid spreading of the
fire.

Again: all conjecture, which seems to be tolerated here. ;-)

Daniel