an IP hijacking attempt

Daniel Karrenberg dfk at ripe.net
Thu Mar 11 10:32:16 UTC 2021

Tracing it back to the originator of the route is of course a good first
step.

I would send an FYI to the RIR that allocated the prefix; preferably
after the initial investigation established that it was not a genuine
mistake. In that message I would make very clear if any action is
requested from the RIR or not. If it is just an FYI the RIR will take
note of it, watch for trends and take it into account before doing
anything with the registration.

Just what I would do.

Daniel
(Full disclosure: I work for the RIPE NCC)