CGNAT

Tony Wicks tony at wicks.co.nz
Wed Mar 3 19:33:57 UTC 2021

While I won't go into the costs as well, I've got actual work to do I must say my calculations of purchase ipv4 (@25USD/IP) vs CGNAT have always fallen significantly into the CGNAT camp. If you are doing a stand alone A10 or similar yes things would be different. If you are already buying suitable BNG's however the additional cost of MS-MPC cards (Juniper) or ISA2/ESA (Nokia) is likely to be far less than the stand alone option. While the BNG services cards are not cheap they do "just work" as a solution and a 10 or 20 to one ratio is easily achievable. Nokia 7750's with ESA "cards" are a massively scalable option.