IPv6 Multicast Routing&Registry

Nicholas Warren nwarren at barryelectric.com
Tue Mar 2 21:33:43 UTC 2021

Does IANA (https://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-multicast-addresses/ipv6-multicast-addresses.xml#variable) run the registry for IPv6 Multicast groups? "We do not make allocations directly to ISPs or end users except in specific circumstances, such as allocations of multicast addresses"

There are only 112 registered multicast addresses? That seems low.

Are some IPv6 multicast packets globally routable? Wikipedia says both yes and no.
Should we be allowing packets with multicast addresses in/out of our network?