Can somebody explain these ransomwear attacks?

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Fri Jun 25 17:43:46 UTC 2021

> Incompetent insurance companies combined with incompetent IT staff and
> under-funded IT departments are the nexus of the problem.

Nah, it's even simpler. It's just dollars all around. Always is.

>From this company's point of view, the cost to RECOVER from the problems is
so much smaller than it would be to prevent the problems from happening to
begin with, so they are happy to let you guys handle it. From the insurance
company's point of view, they are collecting premiums, but no claims are
being filed, so they have no incentive to do anything differently.

Sometimes those of us who know stuff and can fix things are just too darn
good at it for anyone's good. :)