Can somebody explain these ransomwear attacks?

Shane Ronan shane at ronan-online.com
Thu Jun 24 22:08:08 UTC 2021

A lot of the payments for Ransomware come from Insurance Companies under
"Business Interruption Insurance". It in fact may be more cost effective to
pay the ransom, than to pay for continued business interruption.

Of course along with paying the ransom, a full forensic audit of the
systems/network is conducted. The vector for many of these attacks is via a
worm triggered by someone opening an attachment on an email or downloading
compromised software from the Internet. Short of not allowing email
attachments or blocking Internet access, the best method is to properly
train users to not click on attachments or visit "untrusted" sites, but
nothing is perfect.

Shane