Google uploading your plain text passwords

Jason Pope boards188 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 13:00:19 UTC 2021

I am not the brightest bulb in the house, but when I try to go to
passwords.google.com, I get the following response:

Google can't check your passwords for security issues because you set up a
> passphrase to encrypt your passwords in your Google Account. This keeps the
> data private to you. Learn more.
> <https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer/165139?hl=en>

This occurs on my Google Chrome browser, which does sync my passwords
between devices because I have the browser signed into my personal account,
and my Brave browser, which is never signed in with any Google accounts.

I don't remember setting a passphrase, but apparently I did. I can't
remember if I did that because I did see a behaviour, such as showing me
all my passwords with little to no effort, or it was offered as a security
feature and I said, "Yes, please."

Jason K Pope
214.566.8527
boards188 at gmail.com
Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his
friends.
John 15:13