Google uploading your plain text passwords

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sat Jun 12 21:50:29 UTC 2021

Look buddy, I'm not lying. Google's server at passwords.google.com
composed an html web page containing my plaintext passwords and sent
it to me. Not decrypted by my browser after combining it with a
locally stored key. Decrypted on and by Google's server. It's not
wrong. It's not false. It happened just like that.

> You did authorize, you just didn't read the fine print.

I always read the fine print. I'm that guy. I don't always go
searching the menus for bad defaults but I always read everything they
bother to tell me I'm agreeing to.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--