Google uploading your plain text passwords

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Jun 11 17:18:20 UTC 2021

It appears that William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> said:
>On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 9:42 AM César de Tassis Filho
><ctassisf at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Google does not have access to your plain-text passwords in either case.
>
>If they can display the plain text passwords to me on my screen in a
>non-Google web browser then they have access to my plain text
>passwords. Everything else is semantics.

I tried it in Firefox.  I can log into my Google account with my Google password
and see the saved passwords but unless Firefox is doing some impressively
sophisticated content snooping, it can't do anything with them.

--
Regards,
John Levine, johnl at taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",