DANE of SMTP Survey

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at hamartun.priv.no
Fri Jun 11 17:07:19 UTC 2021

John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> writes:

> I have signed all 300 zones on my DNS servers, but only about half of
> them have working DNSSEC because there is no practical way to install
> the DS records.

Sounds like ICANN, having told us for a very long time that they want
DNSSEC everywhere, should attempt to get a requirement in place that
registrars have to make it reasonably easy for customers to get those DS
records installed.  Certificate authorities are now required to honor
CAA records, which need DNSSEC in place to really make sense, so it
would, IMHO, be natural to follow up like this.

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay