Cogent and Altice Contacts for Routing Issue

Vinny Abello vinny at abellohome.net
Fri Jun 11 15:17:24 UTC 2021

Hello,

Please excuse the noise. If there are any network engineers from Cogent
and Altice on the list, could you please email me directly. This is
regarding a specific Altice IPv4 aggregate in the NYC area that Cogent
in the NYC area is handing off to Zayo in San Jose for some reason. It
subsequently seemingly has a lot of packet loss coming back to the NYC
area through Zayo's network. It's affecting my remote employees.

I can provide traceroutes privately as not to clutter up the list.

Bad Altice Aggregate in question: 67.84.0.0/14

Good Altice aggregate routing properly: 68.196.0.0/14

Thanks in advance.

-Vinny