AT&T Fiber Line / NOT MIS

Dennis Burgess dmburgess at linktechs.net
Thu Jun 10 18:53:37 UTC 2021

Ya not wishing to do NAT...

Sent from mobile device..

________________________________
From: Alex Conner <hello at codatory.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2021 1:49:27 PM
To: TJ Trout <tj at pcguys.us>
Cc: Dennis Burgess <dmburgess at linktechs.net>; nanog at nanog.org <nanog at nanog.org>
Subject: Re: AT&T Fiber Line / NOT MIS

Bonus points, the small business fiber has extremely limited NAT session limits (depends on hardware, but not greater than 16,000 sessions) and everything counts. Cold loading CNN.com (an AT&T company) in a default config without an adblocker will use close to 3000, which will saturate and cause errors on some of their gateway hardware (NVG595). If you want to use it for any serious purpose, stick a tunnel out to a real connection.