Technical resources for Open Access Fiber Networks?

Mark Leonard mark at bernoullinetworks.com
Thu Jun 10 00:16:04 UTC 2021

Hi NANOG,

Not so long ago I learned about Open Access Fiber Networks.  I'm quite
curious about how these are actually implemented.  I'm able to find
boatloads of marketing material and management-targeted boilerplate, but
I've not yet been able to find any technical resources.

My first thoughts were:
* Are these just massive VPLS networks?
* Are they just giant L2 networks?

I can't imagine that either of the above would scale particularly well.

I'm looking for any books / papers / config guides / magic tomes / etc on
the subject.

Thanks,
Mark