irrd 4.1.2 deployed at NTT

Troy Boudreau tboudreau at gin.ntt.net
Wed Jun 9 20:55:40 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I am Troy from NTT's Global IP Network IRR team.

Today we upgraded rr.ntt.net to IRRd 4.1.2!
This marks the completion of a multi-year initiative to seamlessly
integrate IRR and RPKI.

While this version might not seem remarkable, this change means that
NTT's IRR mirror service will now use RPKI Validated ROAs to filter
out invalid IRR objects! This filtering strategy is similar to RIPE-731.

Creation of RPKI ROAs will trigger deletion of conflicting IRR objects,
this helps clean up stale objects. Existing RPKI ROAs help prevent
future creation of unauthorized IRR objects.

Anyone using the rr.ntt.net service to build their filters will benefit
from this change!

See https://irrd.readthedocs.io/en/stable/admins/rpki/ for more information.

If you require any assistance, please send a message to the team at
db-admin at rr.ntt.net.

Kind regards,
Troy