Arin taking down raking

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 02:22:24 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 4:53 PM TJ Trout <tj at pcguys.us> wrote:

> raking=rpki+spell check

:)

I think, since we don't realy know what arin's doing ...   we could
speculate :)
but:
  1) unreachable publication point / CA == 'ok, see you in 30 mins on my
next cycle through the world' (no real changes)
  b) revoking some portion of their claimed resources in various forms of
CA == 'ideally a bunch of routes suddenly go unknown' == 'ok'
 iii) making a bunch of validatable changes to ROA/certs/content == 'worse
possible outcome, likely to make a bunch of routes invalid'

In case of b or iii I'd expect we'll see some fun times in BGP, either 'a
bunch of re-announcement' or 'a bunch of withdrawals and disasters' :)

I'm sure we'll learn something though?