New minimum speed for US broadband connections

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 03:11:08 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 7:14 PM Josh Luthman <josh at imaginenetworksllc.com>
wrote:

> Do you not see the irony here?  It's suggested the government comes in and
> delivers fiber to every house in the country and yet today we're saying
> they haven't gotten it right in the last ~20 years.

Isn't the request actually to better manage the process/results and not
permit folk to act outside the interests of the citizenry?

> Grants and federal funds are available.  It's a massive amount of work to
> get them, at which point those with money find more profitable ways of
> doing things - like FTTH in a city with 100 subs/mile.

 'we have always been at work with elbonia' isn't really the greatest
answer.

How could this be done better?
If you were to re-think the process and be able to build a new process, how
would you achieve the goal outlined in the proposed FCC
direction/regulation?