New minimum speed for US broadband connections

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Wed Jun 2 17:32:29 UTC 2021

"New applications could be developed, or new ways of using the bandwidth could be possible, if only the bandwidth existed."

That bandwidth is available to a sufficient number of people that bandwidth availability isn't an impediment to any development. Some people had broadband, then came Napster, then broadband exploded. Obviously it isn't that clear cut.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com