New minimum speed for US broadband connections

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Wed Jun 2 17:05:19 UTC 2021

WISP is not symmetrical.  Wireless isn't symmetrical.  Nor is cable/dsl.

WiFi 6E should have MU-MIMO which is something the WISPs have had for a few
years, but not on equipment that speaks 802.11 WiFi.  That protocol wasn't
really designed to do 1-15 miles, it was designed for 1-150 feet.  That
doesn't really have anything to do with upload, I don't know where you got
that.

>As soon a certain threshold is reached, higher speed will not cause more
utilisation of the airwaves.

That's simply not going to happen.  Do you think the cell companies stopped
deploying towers, too?

Josh Luthman
24/7 Help Desk: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343