New minimum speed for US broadband connections

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Wed Jun 2 13:53:53 UTC 2021

"If it was affordable" is a tricky statement.  There's no such thing as a
free lunch.  If taxes/government/municipalities/etc are required to make it
"affordable" that means all of the people are paying for it with extra
steps.

To put it very simply, imagine the US does fiber the way it does power.  If
every single person throws in $10/mo every month we could easily hook up
that guy that's 5 miles from the closest source of power/water in the
Nevada desert.  Is that fair to the guy in a 150+ person apartment
building?  One gets solitude and fiber internet, the other has to deal with
neighbors and gets fiber internet.

Exclude the problems with government regulated power (or anything) for this
topic, please.

>Heck, for many people, water and power are not cheaply available.

In what instance?  Power has cost assistance and water in most environments
is pretty accessible.  I'm not sure what you mean here.

Josh Luthman
24/7 Help Desk: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St