russian prefixes

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 14:57:13 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 9:07 PM Denys Fedoryshchenko <
nuclearcat at nuclearcat.com> wrote:

> On 2021-07-29 20:46, Randy Bush wrote:
> >> Looks like it did shown on news only.
> >
> > :)
> >
> > i wondered
> They have installed devices called "TSPU" on major operators.
> Isolation of specific networks is done without changing BGP
> announcements, obviously.

Denys, can you say anything about how these TSPU operate?
I believe they at least swallow/stop TCP SYN packets toward some
destinations
(or across a link generally), but I'm curious as to what steps the devices
take,
to be able to judge impact seen as either: "broken gear" or "funky TPSU
doing it's thing"

thanks!
-chris