russian prefixes

Alexandre Snarskii snar at snar.spb.ru
Thu Jul 29 17:23:09 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 02:29:19PM -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
> https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-cuts-self-off-from-global-internet-tests-defenses-rbc-2021-7
> says "Russia disconnected itself from the rest of the internet, a test
> of its new defense from cyber warfare, report says"
>
> did this show up in bgp?  e.g. rv/ris?

Looks like it did shown on news only. We're operating in Russia too and
did not noticed this disconnection at all, both traffic levels and prefix
count was at normal levels.

PS: I guess this disconnection was in some lab, someone just dropped any
"foreign" routes and checked if at least some domestic search engines/
mail services/social networks/... continued to function.