Global Akamai Outage

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Jul 26 05:25:55 UTC 2021

On Sun, 25 Jul 2021 at 21:41, Mark Tinka <mark at tinka.africa> wrote:

> Are you speaking globally, or for NTT?

Doesn't matter. And I'm not trying to say RPKI is a bad thing. I like
that we have good AS:origin mapping that is verifiable and machine
readable, that part of the solution will be needed for many
applications which intend to improve the Internet by some metric.
And of course adding any complexity will have some rearing problems,
particularly if the problem it attempts to address is infrequently
occurring, so it would be naive not to expect an increased rate of
outages while maturing it.

--
  ++ytti