Global Akamai Outage

Hank Nussbacher hank at interall.co.il
Fri Jul 23 06:24:18 UTC 2021

On 22/07/2021 19:34, Mark Tinka wrote:
> https://edgedns.status.akamai.com/
>
> Mark.

[18:30 UTC on July 22, 2021] Update:

Akamai experienced a disruption with our DNS service on July 22, 2021.
The disruption began at 15:45 UTC and lasted for approximately one hour.
Affected customer sites were significantly impacted for connections that
were not established before the incident began.

Our teams identified that a change made in a mapping component was
causing the issue, and in order to mitigate it we rolled the change back
at approximately 16:44 UTC. We can confirm this was not a cyberattack
against Akamai's platform. Immediately following the rollback, the
platform stabilized and DNS services resumed normal operations. At this
time the incident is resolved, and we are monitoring to ensure that
traffic remains stable.