Alien waves

Radu-Adrian Feurdean nanog at radu-adrian.feurdean.net
Thu Jul 22 06:52:01 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021, at 22:44, Saku Ytti wrote:
> I'm going to hazard a guess that the exhaustive list is empty.

Actually, it's not empty. I know 2 operators in my part of the world that do it in some way or another.

> Allowing 3rd parties to launch alien waves to your system puts your existing
> waves at the mercy of the 3rd party, power or lack thereof from the

There are issues and there are solutions. It's just the solutions may not match the intended price-tag for the desired service (mostly thinking to long-distance alien waves - a.k.a spectrum or channels band - where entry point is very high).