Is Verizon core network broken? Can someone reach out to Verizon core network team so that they can look into why so many networks are missing?

S Umple sumple at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 15:35:35 UTC 2021

Hi,

I've been a new Verizon residential FIOS user since May and the mysterious
connectivity issues at home lead me to a bit of hunting. From what I can
tell, the Verizon network as a whole effectively blocks or filters
following major networks. The same networks are mostly reachable from AT&T
LTE networks and major cloud computing providers.

Below is a comparison of 'show ip route' of a VZ router and a routeviews
router.

<VZ INET router>#
      81.0.0.0/8 is variably subnetted, 2835 subnets, 14 masks
      121.51.0.0/16 <empty>
      182.254.0.0/16 is variably subnetted, 3 subnets, 2 masks

route-views.routeviews.org>
      81.0.0.0/8 is variably subnetted, 3247 subnets, 19 masks
      121.0.0.0/8 is variably subnetted, 2571 subnets, 18 masks
      182.254.0.0/16 is variably subnetted, 113 subnets, 5 masks

Anyone able to validate my findings, and/or take this issue to higher VZ
support?

Thanks.