Alien waves

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Jul 21 10:28:12 UTC 2021

I looked at this before and go far enough in the conversations with one carrier that had sold this as a product before and had a poor experience with the customers they were no longer offering it. You are likely better off getting a volume deal on waves, which can be had for pretty cheap these days.

I can get 400g waves from carriers now, the capacity involved is short of what makes sense for IRU long haul.

Dark in the metro continues to work out. As Saku mentioned there's significant risks opening up a system even with channel blockers etc to protect each other it hasn't worked out.

Ask some carriers about a dedicated managed system in your rack if XC fees are killing you.

Sent from my TI-99/4a