Google Geo Location Issues

Hank Nussbacher hank at interall.co.il
Thu Jul 1 06:58:54 UTC 2021

On 30/06/2021 17:43, Jason Kuehl wrote:

Once you have access to isp.google.com your problems are far from over.
  You would assume that they would use whois info to know which prefix
belongs to your ASN.  That would be wrong.  If you have, for example, a
multi-homed customer and you provided them with a smaller prefix (/27)
from within your larger prefix (/19), and since they are multihomed some
other ASN announces that smaller prefix (/27), Google will see that and
invalidate any geo-location info you provide for your /19.  Google
follows the BGP routing table as authoritative for ownership of prefixes.

Regards,
Hank

Caveat: The views expressed above are solely my own and do not express
the views or opinions of my employer