MIB Browser Recommendation

Wes Hardaker wjhns61 at hardakers.net
Wed Jan 27 20:12:16 UTC 2021

Graham Johnston <johnstong at westmancom.com> writes:

> We have historically been a CentOS shop when it comes to choice of
> Linux OS, and in turn that meant, largely out of laziness, that we
> used mbrowse to browse mibs and perform simple snmp test queries to
> devices, just manual work until we find what we want and configure
> something in our NMS. We are moving some servers to Ubuntu now with
> the change to CentOS/RHEL, and we are curious what others are using
> for a SNMP/MIB browser. An FOSS choice would be on top on our list as
> it is just easy to install from the repo, but I’ll take any
> recommendation that people have.

I've always wanted to write a new FOSS one in a modern framework (say,
Qt).  Haven't had the personal time to do it though (and it's unlikely I
could attract funding to do it in today's leaning toward other
technologies).  tkmib, which comes with Net-SNMP, *probably* still
works?  I actually haven't run it in a while myself.

--
Wes Hardaker