Half Fibre Pair

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Tue Jan 26 23:55:47 UTC 2021

You can see the terminology getting referenced in articles such as this one
from Telegeography:

https://www.submarinenetworks.com/en/insights/a-new-coming-for-submarine-cable-systems-the-independent-infrastructure-developers

"Further PLCN incorporates Spectrum Manager, that allows the C+L band to be
sliced into blocks of spectrum that can be independently assigned to
separate SLTE that is owned, operated and upgraded by the party leasing the
spectrum. PLCN has productized it in terms of Minimum Spectrum Unit (MSU)
which is 5% of the total C+L band capacity i.e. 5% of 240x100G or 1.2 Tbps.
It’s extended further as virtual fiber pair with Quarter Fiber Pair as
5xMSU or 6 Tbps and Half Fiber Pair as 10xMSU or 12 Tbps. This notably is
not unique to PLCN and is supported by most [of] the cable systems designed
post 2015 or supported with upgrades."