Half Fibre Pair

Rod Beck rod.beck at unitedcablecompany.com
Tue Jan 26 22:46:59 UTC 2021

Actually it is standard language in the undersea cable world for a large spectrum purchase. Sometimes a fiber pair on a system may be too much, but the buyer still wants many terabits of capacity. "

The Half Fiber Pair is the same as 10*MSUs in a virtual fiber pair, either in C-band or L-band. I believe these are primarily used in transocean routes."

This is what I have learned so far.

Now that deep sea cables are being deployed with as many as 24 pairs, there will be more players doing fractional purchases.