Half Fibre Pair

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Tue Jan 26 22:10:00 UTC 2021

Back in the day, there were these things called half-circuits or half-cables.

Telephone companies in different countries would “share” a cable under the ocean, where the company in each country would own “half” the cable - i.e. from their shore to the middle of the ocean.

I have no idea what the context here is, but ….

--
TTFN,
patrick