Half Fibre Pair

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Jan 26 21:56:45 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 12:52 PM Rod Beck
<rod.beck at unitedcablecompany.com> wrote:
> Can someone explain to me what is a half fibre pair? I took it
> literally to mean a single fibre strand but someone insisted it
> was a large quantity of spectrum. Please illuminate.

Maybe it's like half a pair of glasses, the perfect accessory for the
one-eyed man who's king.

Seriously though, it sounds like a bad language construction. If a
vendor is offering you that, I'd ask for clarification. Are they
leasing a dedicated strand of fiber end-to-end? Dedicated wavelength
directions delivered by fiber? Something else?

If you're thinking of offering it, find better words.

Regards,
Bill Herrin