Nice work Ron

Masataka Ohta mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp
Sun Jan 24 22:13:24 UTC 2021

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>> In the case of LACNIC it is spanish, it is clearly indicated in
>> the web site,
>
> I can't see it clearly indicated in LACNIC web site, at all.
>
> Where is it? How does it stated?
>
> [Jordi] There may be some problem with your browser or Internet
> connectivity that is missing some parts of the web site, as I can see
> it in many places, and especially those more relevant (bylaws and
> policy manual):
>
> https://www.lacnic.net/76/2/lacnic/bylaws
>
> https://www.lacnic.net/680/2/lacnic/policy-manual-[v214---24_07_2020]

That it is stated some random pages deep within LACNIC website
does not mean "clearly indicated in LACNIC web site".

As such, LACNIC can't expect English-using people see the pages,
which means it is fault of LACNIC if they believe policy
in English is a formal one.

> Could you explain why google translation says "mayoria" in English
> means (sorted by frequency) "most", "majority", "many", "bulk" and
> "plurality"?
>
> [Jordi] I'm not native English speaker, so I'm not the best one to
> explain that.

I'm afraid you are saying you have no say on the meaning of "mainly".

 > As I said, several times, the official documents are the Spanish
 > version, and in the Spanish version the right word being used is
 > "mayoría", which I believe, in *this context* it is better
 > translated to "majority".

which is not compatible with translation by google.

							Masataka Ohta