DoD IP Space

Izaac izaac at setec.org
Sun Jan 24 05:43:07 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 11:20:47AM -0800, Sabri Berisha wrote:
> You don't need to patronize me. I'm merely explaining the real life realities of
> working in a large enterprise.

Patronize you?  Ohh, heavens no!  I fully intend to use your replies as
educational material.  Why, I've passed them to colleagues of mine
already.  It's not every day that an off-handed comment made in
frustration at the state of the industry is so immediately and
thoroughly expanded upon.

I think patronizing would look more like: assuming a position of great
authority and noteworthy insight on a list full of professionals by
vaguely citing a situation which they were once exposed to as some kind
of instructive lab of how the "real world" works -- perhaps going
farther to summarizing each of the lessons into a one-line takeaway for
those who were either unable or unwilling to understand their point.

> And the key takeaway here is: we can come up with the most efficient solutions,
> in the end it's all about budgets and stakeholder requirements.

Ahh, I see!  Thanks.  I'll put that with the rest of my notes.

--