Nice work Ron

Masataka Ohta mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp
Sat Jan 23 00:04:13 UTC 2021

Joe Provo wrote:

>> It should also be noted that you can't expect a Russian company
>> having some business in LACNIC region read document of LACNIC
>> not in English or Russian, which is why some reservation
>> statements I mentioned could have been essentially important.

> The onus is on the entity that agreed to abide by policies to
> .... abide by policies. If they decide to rely upon RIR-provided
> translations,

As I wrote:

: If there is a reservation statement such as "English
: version is just informational and not authentic" or
: "Certain restrictions may apply. See xxxxx for details."
: in PDF I quoted, your point could have been valid.

there is no reason for people think English version of
LACNIC document is informal translation. As such, the
policy of:

     REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING AN IP ADDRESS BLOCK AND AN ASN

     The organization must be legally incorporated in the LACNIC
     service region.

is a formal policy. LACNIC can not say others that they must
have followed additional requirements.

Moreover, given that;

	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LACNIC
	LACNIC (Latin America and Caribbean Network Information Centre

	Spanish: Registro de Direcciones de Internet para America
	Latina y Caribe

	Portuguese: Registro de Endereçamento da Internet para America
	Latina e Caribe)

and name of LACNIC is used both in Spanish and Portuguese text,
if some language is the formal language of LACNIC, it should
be English.

But, it is likely that LACNIC does not define any formal language.
Does it?

						Masataka Ohta