DoD IP Space

surfer surfer at mauigateway.com
Fri Jan 22 21:11:37 UTC 2021

On 1/22/21 6:09 AM, Tom Beecher wrote:
> V6 Adoption always is, and always will be, metered by time, money and
> resources. Everybody kicks the can on things like this until they
> can't anymore.

I have always said the management chooses this.  It's a cost-only
thing and they want to chase the sales, so IPv6 rollout loses every
time.  However, I now see a new ok-you-can-roll-out-ipv6-now
motivator for them.  "We can make $BIGSALE, but it requires IPv6
to be rolled out.  Hurry up and do it!"

Moral of the story...  Have your IPv6 rollout plan in place and as
ready to go as you can because it may be similar: Hurry up!

scott