Nice work Ron

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Jan 22 11:48:57 UTC 2021

No, what I'm saying is that the original text of the policy *BEFORE* I send my proposal to amend it was:

"majority" (not clarifying what is majority)

My proposal added the clarification that "majority" is understood as "over 50%".

The staff was already interpreting the policy like that, because usually when you say majority, you mean more than half. Do you agree on that?

The community decided that my proposal to add the explicit "footnote" to clarify "majority" is understood as more than 50%, agreed on that, so consensus was declared and the policy was amended to add that footnote.

Again, if you (or anyone) think this is wrong, you need to come to the LACNIC policy mailing list and discuss it there and even submit a policy proposal. I think I've provided sufficient clarifications here about that and responding again and again on the same will not be useful for the NANOG community.

El 22/1/21 12:41, "NANOG en nombre de Masataka Ohta" <nanog-bounces+jordi.palet=consulintel.es at nanog.org en nombre de mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp> escribió:

    Sorry to have sent uneditted text.

    JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via NANOG wrote:

    > First think to clarify: In the Spanish version, the text is (mayoría)
    > "majority" (that's why I said the translation as mainly, to me -not a
    > native English-, is wrong).

    I'm afraid you have already stated:

     > *“Mainly” is understood to mean more than 50%.

    So, do you mean "majority" can mean 50% or 40% according to your
    discretion?

     > Note also that the original text, before my policy proposal already
     > said the same, but didn't stated if majority is 50% or what, but in
     > general majority is well interpreted as more than half, right?

    Are you, now, saying unreasonable request of "50%" is the requirement
    and "40%" is not enough?

    					Masataka Ohta

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?