Nice work Ron

Matt Erculiani merculiani at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 17:54:20 UTC 2021

I'll add that after reading the article, it doesn't appear that Parler was
specifically targeted, just DDoS-Guard prior to becoming their new host.
Deplatforming of Parler wasn't really on anyone's radar back in November
when the complaint with LACNIC was filed and I'm not under the impression
they had lined DDoS-Guard up as a backup host at this point, or their
downtime would have been much less after Amazon gave them the boot; still,
they almost certainly would have been very tight lipped about who that
provider would be.

It just seemed like a convenient coincidence that Parler has since become a
customer and will be inconvenienced by this, the extent to which is not
likely to be very high as they've probably re-written any modules of their
backend that weren't portable, and now have some experience with finding
and deploying on a new host.

-Matt

--
Matt Erculiani