Netflow collector that can forward flows to another collector based on various metrics.

Simon Leinen simon.leinen at switch.ch
Thu Jan 21 17:08:45 UTC 2021

Speaking as the maintainer of samplicator, I'm not sure it's what Drew
is looking for.

Samplicator just sends copies of entire UDP packets.  It doesn't
understand NetFlow/IPFIX or whatever else those packets might contain.

If I understand correctly, drew wants to forward some of the
NetFlow/IPFIX flows, based on source/destination addresses *within those
flows*.  Samplicator cannot do that (by a long shot).

pmacct sounds like a good suggestion.

(I used to have a Lisp program that could also do this, and adding an
API would have been trivial... but the program has been decommissioned
recently after >20 years of service.  Also I never got around to
cleaning that up so that I could distribute the source. :-)
--
Simon.