DoD IP Space

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Thu Jan 21 05:10:50 UTC 2021

I used to help large companies rearchitect their addressing, implement
IPv6, etc. for a living, so no one is more sympathetic than I am about
how difficult it can be to make these changes. However, I have to ask,
how far backwards do we want to bend for those that refuse to migrate?

There have already been at least two lines in the sand that the IETF has
backed down from. Is it even useful for us to keep saying "IPv6 is the
way forward" any more?