RADB contact needed

Matt Harris matt at netfire.net
Wed Jan 20 17:13:52 UTC 2021

Matt Harris|Infrastructure Lead Engineer
816-256-5446|Direct
Looking for something?
Helpdesk Portal|Email Support|Billing Portal
We build and deliver end-to-end IT solutions.
On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 10:56 AM Mel Beckman <mel at beckman.org> wrote:

> Ostap,
>
> Why was this prefix revoked? And what is your interest in the matter?  I
> ask because, of late, there have been attempts to lockdown African Internet
> access by various political factions, for example the situation in Uganda.
>
>  -mel

It's looking like this block had been (probably fraudulently) parceled out
and sold in small chunks to legitimate-but-gullible companies? The first
/24 out of it and another latter /24 are advertised by a rural Nebraska
WISP with a single-homed upstream to a company that I know to be legitimate
who had added their entry to RADB for their customer. Most of the other
chunks look to be advertised by random seemingly-legitimate organizations
too.

When this space stops routing, there's going to be a big mess and I'm
pretty sure a lot of lawsuits.

Ooof.