DoD IP Space

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Wed Jan 20 13:35:00 UTC 2021

Tom –

Most definitely: lack of routing history is not at all a reliable indicator of the potential for valid routing of a given IPv4 block in the future, so best practice suggest that allocated address space should not be blocked by others without specific cause.

Doing otherwise opens one up to unexpected surprises when issued space suddenly becomes more active in routing and is yet is inexplicably unreachable for some destinations.

/John