Hosting recommendations ... ?

Bryan Holloway bryan at shout.net
Tue Jan 19 17:18:03 UTC 2021

Perhaps I'm missing something, but in your #1 example "Cloud", what
prevents me from running a Proxmox ISO (which is more or less Debian)
vs. a "standard" Debian install on the provider's virtual server?

If I can, I've succeeded. That is the sort of hosting provider I'm
looking for, if they exist.

#2 would be suitable, but it seems to be that if leased bare-metal dies,
it will be some time for ETR. Less desirable, but I'm open to ideas.

#3 I do now. Trying to move away from that.